Happy Fall Y’all,
First and foremost, I would like to reiterate what an honor this is to serve as your chapter president this year. I initially joined FPRA shortly after graduating from the University of Florida. At that time, I was serving as the assistant PIO for the City of Ocala.
One afternoon my manager, Jeannine Robbins (FPRA Ocala Member), asked me to attend a meeting on her behalf, and as eager young talent does, I said yes I can be there! I am so grateful that she could not make it because that is when my appreciation for FPRA began. I attended my first meeting at the College of Central Florida and I was welcomed with a genuine smile and met some of the top PR pros in the community. I wanted more of that. A few chapter meetings later, I began chatting with Barbra Hernandez, APR, CPRC, regarding the local Image Awards. Keep in mind, I was a rookie and had no idea of the magnitude of the Image Awards. However, I learned quickly because the Ocala chapter does not like to lose or do anything less than 100%. Needless to say, Barbra and I absolutely crushed it with the event! We worked tirelessly setting up logistics beforehand while making sure the Image Awards ceremony was one to remember during the event. We became such great friends as we did!
Fast forward five years later and both of us end up here in beautiful Tampa Bay. Barbra, as Barbra does, called me and asked me to get back involved with FPRA Tampa Bay. At the time, I was starting my own real estate business with Keller Williams, and my wife Aly and I were new parents. I knew that my level of commitment would not be where I would want it to be so I went to a couple of meetings and stayed in the background.
Then I got a chance to meet Jo Newton, APR (2020-2021 President), and Theresa Campbell (2021-2022 President). Between their vision and Barbra’s subtle but strategic and motivating jabs, I decided to go all in. I am so proud and grateful for all the work our chapter has accomplished in just a few short years. However, I know that we have more potential. We are the oldest chapter in the state which provides us with unparalleled support and insight. I am eager to take us to the next level. Please know I am always just a call, text, email, DM or PM away. 🙂
I think it is important that we have an understanding of each other, and my goal is to shed a little light on who I am with a fun Q & A I recently did with my team.
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately? Aly and I recently took a trip to Mexico, and it was just the two of us. For those with kids, you understand how rare and precious these vacations are! While we were there, we visited the local cenotes (think sinkholes filled with beautiful aqua water). We had no intention but heard it wasn’t far from our hotel. If you get a chance, I would highly recommend it!
- What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? Now that you ask, I am pretty sure I have a SiriusXM subscription to cancel… If you get into my car you will have either country or hip-hop music.
- What is your favorite book to read? Start with Why by Simon Sinek.
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Honestly, the little boy in me still wants to be a police officer. I truly love helping people and being there for the people who sometimes don’t have a voice. I have met some incredible police officers who put their life on the line to protect and serve our communities. It is honorable. If I was to be picky, I would choose to be on the K9 unit so I have a new furry friend too!
- What is the best gift you have been given? This is an easy one. My girls, Aly, Kinley (6), and Aubrey (3). It doesn’t matter what kind of day I had, every day when I get home I can expect my girls to be waiting for me and smiling. It is a game changer. I am grateful for them because they keep me humble and ambitious. Kinley is like her mom, so pure and kind. She respects her peers, is independent, and is wise beyond her years. Aubrey is more like her dad, has A LOT of energy, loves to make people smile, and is extremely determined. They are gifts that keep on giving!