Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We’re marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
We need a storyteller. A passionate, curious communicator. A person who thrives on creativity. A trustworthy counselor. Why? We’re Stantec – a global company of architects, engineers, and scientists, that designs with community in mind.
How? We …
… help cities plan and prepare for the future of mobility.
… create systems for New Orleans to be better prepared for the next big hurricane.
… helped expand the Panama Canal.
… design striking buildings that complement the Miami skyline.
… design schools that prepare students for life and the future of work.
… restore and strengthen our coastlines for enjoyment for years to come.
… design skateparks because, well, they’re cool.
Yes, we have stories to tell. To join our distributed PR team, we’re seeking an experienced professional who knows social media and media relations inside and out. Can you write with the best of them? Thrive in a fast-paced environment? Build and carry out campaign plans? Great! You’re the experienced team member we’re looking for.
We have a spot for a Senior Public Relations Specialist on our team, and it’s got your name written all over it. This role requires someone who has serious skills when it comes to PR—a team player who always thinks strategically, can see creative stories and bring them to life, provide counsel to technical staff, and respond quickly to shifting priorities.
In this role, you’ll drive media relations, social media strategy, content marketing, issues/crisis management, and reputation management in partnership with local Marketing & PR/Communications colleagues and leadership. Combining your business savvy and PR genius, you’ll look for creative ways to tell the Stantec story in one of our Eastern US Region hubs. We’re looking for someone to be based in Tampa, FL.
Your Key Responsibilities
Media Relations & Research
· Foster and grow relationships with members of business and industry media at the local, regional, and national level.
· With minimal supervision, identifies, researches, and develops targeted media materials (e.g., news releases, story pitches, etc.) as well as maintains the regional media databases to continuously strengthen our media outreach.
· Proactively contact media members (jointly identified with the PR Manager) to communicate pertinent messages. Diligently monitor, measure, and report on the company’s regional media presence.
Social Media Content Support & Administration
· Gather materials and craft compelling content for use on the company’s various social media platforms, including the Stantec blog, Stantec.com, internal Community Sites, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
· Develop and post digital content for a B2B brand through social media management platforms, with an ability to interpret engagement data and adjust campaign strategies accordingly.
Content Support – Copywriting & Editing
· Be a champion of the Stantec brand and an expert in implementing the Stantec Voice and Style Guide.
· Develop dynamic content for external communications channels (e.g. bylined articles, blogs, etc.).
· Support the organization’s branding initiatives by adapting content provided by marketing and technical staff for use on promotional channels.
· Embrace a collaborative work environment and regularly meet with the US East Public Relations Manager to establish weekly priorities, assignments, and progress toward long-term goals.
· Participate in larger Public Relations, Marketing, and Digital team meetings to discuss specific initiatives and contribute to brainstorm sessions for story and promotional campaign development and content marketing strategies.
Thought Leadership Engagement & Development
· Support the larger goals of the Marketing, Communications & Public Relations team in identifying and engaging practitioners in thought leadership positioning activities and companywide campaigns (e.g. blogging, development of white papers, community engagement activities, videos, etc.).
Strategic Campaign Development
· Facilitate the advancement and development of strategic external communications campaigns design to support project pursuits and brand development in identified markets.
· Develop integrated campaigns that support business development goals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
· Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
· Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
· Fundamental understanding of the media landscape (traditional, social).
· Excellent interviewing, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment, as well as to work autonomously.
· Effective presentation skills with an ability to successfully educate and inform audiences via best practice discussions, trainings, etc.
· Familiarity with photography and video preferred.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience.
4-6 years of experience in a marketing communications, public relations, or journalism-driven role (public relations or communications internship experience preferred).
Professional writing samples required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Apply online for consideration: