Check out this great job opportunity in Clearwater!
Please do not apply on Facebook, use this link:
1/20/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Target Entry Salary: $47,673 – $50,057 annually
Under limited direction, the Public Information Coordinator coordinates various communications and promotional needs for multiple departments. Works closely with department leadership and City departments to identify and determine various communications, marketing and promotional needs within the city.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets, plans, collaborates, and engages with various City departments to evaluate and determine communications and promotional needs; identifies objective, determines necessary format, and suggests manner of presentation within established standards for Public Communications, marketing and other departments’ programs.
- Writes and creates press releases for each department and program that the position represents; writes copy for postcards, flyers, and newsletters; coordinates photos, videos, and other writing for department needs.
- Ensures all published or printed collateral meet the quality, policy, and style standards and are consistent with brand representation.
- Promotes events, programs, and activities within the City; provides assistance in marketing, advertising, and promotion of various activities offered within the City; effectively uses social media, press releases, interviews with journalists, and print materials to promote offerings.
- Coordinates and administers media platforms that engage with the public; updates and monitors Facebook and other social media sites.
- Posts events for city calendar based on department needs and expectations; creates and submits graphic work orders; coordinates the translation of brochures, flyers, and other publicity into Spanish for departments and facilitates communications success.
- Writes articles and contributes content for internal and external publications to ensure clarity, professionalism and brand representation.
- Engages with various outside agencies and callers; answers questions, responds to inquiries, directs individuals to necessary departments, and facilitates good public communication.
- Assists the local media with information about activities, events, or City offerings by various departments; connects reporters with department staff, performs interviews when needed, and coordinates media activities with departments.
- Researches and locates media websites, print, and television news stories on Clearwater and sends to public communications; prepares presentations for City Council meetings.
- Performs routine office work and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or related area AND one (1) year of experience in journalism, public relations, promotional advertising, marketing, or related field; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Knowledge of –
- Methods, principles, and practices of journalistic and television writing and editing
- Marketing principles and practices
- Social media platforms
- Public Communications coordination and facilitation
- English, grammar, composition and AP style
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods, and records.
- General office policies and procedures; computers and general office equipment
- Equipment maintenance practices and methods
Skill in –
- Graphic layout and design
- Researching and writing scripts, determining advertising, developing public service announcements, and developing features for magazines and other media forms
- Establishing and developing strong and professional relationships
- Communicating clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Operating a computer with intermediate level proficiency in document and file management, word-processing, database management, and internet and email usage