Position: Communications Specialist
The Office of the State Attorney for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit seeks a motivated, energetic, and highly organized individual as its Communications Specialist. Reporting to our Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist will support the mission of the office through proactive communications with the public and media.
Full-Time, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
A bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in communications, journalism, marketing, or political science. While experience is preferred, we are also interested in candidates seeking to enter the criminal justice, public service arena who demonstrate the skills, energy, and work ethic to do a great job.
Must be proficient in Microsoft suite and have a demonstrated, successful use of social media tools/apps.
– Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to execute and evaluate social media campaigns, including but not limited to the following platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
– Ability to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of audiences, including community leaders, elected officials, and the media
– Ability to work and make decisions independently and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
Summary of Duties: Assist the Director of Communications with strategic communications, digital content and community engagement.
– Assist in strategic communications planning for criminal justice policies and programs
– Assist in developing and creating external communication tools, including but not limited to: annual reports, press releases, media advisories, and media response
– Building and maintaining media lists
– Tracking and clipping relevant press coverage
– Assist in developing, executing, and evaluating social media campaigns
– Assist in developing content for digital platforms and informational materials (e-newsletters, videos, website, etc.)
– Assisting in creating social media graphics and design
– Defining social media KPIs
– Managing and tracking of community calendars for strategic community engagement
– Attending and/or participating in community meetings or events
Send resume to Frances Curley, Human Resources Director
Email: Curley_F@sao13th.com OR Fax: (813) 272-7014