B2 Communications moves quickly and efficiently, and requires its interns to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, follow through on projects and meet deadlines. B2 interns work closely with B2’s staff and principals, receiving coaching, guidance and help throughout the internship period.
Description of Common Internship Tasks:
• Support current projects involving writing, editing, researching and reporting
• Research relevant media contacts through Cision and other outlets
• Assist with writing media materials and other communication projects
• Compile databases of clients’ media placements and monthly reports using BurrellesLuce
• Reports directly to Account Executive and Senior Account Executive with additional direction from agency principals
• Must have excellent writing and organizational skills
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Must be a junior or senior, or a recent graduate, seeking a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
• Understanding of Cision and BurrellesLuce (or similar programs) a plus
• Must have solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media
• Available for a minimum of 16 hours per week
• Preferably 2 to 3 full days per week
• $10 per hour
• Can apply toward credit, if university or college allows
How to Apply: Email your resume and 2-3 writing samples to Alana Siceloff at email@example.com.
About B2 Communications:
B2 Communications, located in downtown St. Petersburg, focuses on raising the visibility of our clients through strategic messaging, media relations, social media, and leveraging of community and industry involvements. We are also experts in media training, crisis communications, and creation of quality content for such channels as websites, brochures, and guest columns.
Our clients range from banking and law to real estate, health care, and tourism. No matter the type of client, we take a targeted approach designed to reach the people who can help the client’s business. For more information, visit www.b2communications.com/.