Tampa Bay Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association announces Image Awards winners
Six local companies were recognized for award-winning PR programs
TAMPA, Fla. (April 15, 2016) – The Tampa Bay Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) held its annual Local Image Awards competition at the Tampa Club on Friday, April 15. The Local Image Awards competition is conducted annually to recognize outstanding public relations programs in the Tampa Bay area.
The Image Awards are a standard of public relations excellence. It is an opportunity for local public relations professionals to submit their best projects and have them acknowledged amongst the entries of competitors. The winners demonstrate the very best examples of research, planning, implementation, innovation and design in public relations.
This year the Tampa Bay chapter recognized six award-winning programs completed by local public relations professionals that work for PR firms, government agencies, corporations and nonprofits.
The winners and their award-winning projects are:
- Jo Newton, APR and Linda Unfried received an Award of Distinction for their MADD Middle School Underage Drinking Prevention Program, a public affairs project done for the local MADD affiliation.
- Robyn Felix of the Southwest Florida Water Management District received an Image Award and Grand Image Award for a specialty item entry – the “Your Health Matters Infuser Bottle” program.
- Missy MacFarlane, APR and Laura Fontanills, APR, of B2 Communications received an Award of Distinction for their “Summer of Fun” social media campaign for Ybor City Development Corporation.
- Franco Ripple, Kevin Cate and Karen Basha Egozi of CATECOMM received an Award of Distinction for online audience engagement in the Trusted Healthcare Enrollment for All “Young Invincibles” campaign.
- Michele Sager, Robyn Felix and Alex Gazio of the Southwest Florida Management District received an Image Award and Grand Image Award for their Withlacoochee River Watershed Video Initiative.
The Grand All Image Award, which recognizes the top public relations program, went to Jo Newton, APR; Linda Unfried and Becky Gage of the local MADD affiliation for their special event entry – MADD’s Walk Like MADD Victim Tribute. In addition to receiving the top honor, this project also received a Judges Award and an Image Award.
ABOUT FPRA Tampa Bay
FPRA Tampa Bay is one of 15 statewide chapters of the Florida Public Relations Association. The initial framework began for FPRA in Tampa in 1938. On April 17, 1956 the first chapter, the Tampa Bay Chapter (then known as the Gasparilla Chapter), was chartered.
The Tampa Bay Chapter of FPRA offers professional growth through leadership opportunities, seminars, accreditation and certification, networking, local and state annual PR competitions, and the annual FPRA State Conference. For more information, view www.fpratampabay.org.