TAMPA, Fla. (Sept. 20, 2015) – The Tampa Bay chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) is announcing its 2015-2016 Board of Directors. FPRA Tampa Bay is one of 15 professional chapters in the statewide networking organization for public relations professionals.
The following 15 professionals are part of FPRA Tampa Bay’s 2015-2016 Board of Directors:
- · President: Heather Grzelka, APR, Principal of Madeira Public Relations
- · President-Elect: Estella Gray, Government Affairs Program Manager, Southwest Florida Water Management District
- · Immediate Past President: Chad McLeod, MBA, APR, Principal of McLeod Communications
- · VP of Membership: Jason Medina, Communications Consultant
- · Program Committee Co-Chair: Nancy Gay, APR, Media Relations Coordinator, BayCare Health System
- · Program Committee Co-Chair: Kristen Wimer, Strategic Communications Professional
- · VP of Communications: Juliette Lauer, Account Executive, B2 Communications
- · Communications Committee: Brittany Jackson, Public Relations Coordinator, Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- · Communications Committee: Leah Saunders, Senior Account Executive, B2 Communications
- · Social Media Chair: Corrie Benfield, Director of Communications, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- · Accreditation & Certification Chair: Karen Morgan, APR, Public Policy Manager, AAA
- · VP of Image Awards: Jo Newton, Communications Consultant
- · Image Awards Committee: Kim Polacek, APR, Public Relations Account Services Coordinator, Moffitt Cancer Center
- · Secretary: Davina Gould, APR, Assistant Director for Communications, USF Health Development and Alumni Relations
- · VP of Finance: Ashley Juno, Director of Marketing and Communications, PARC
FPRA Tampa Bay offers monthly networking events and professional development opportunities for its members and other local public relations professionals.
About FPRA Tampa Bay
FPRA Tampa Bay is one of 15 statewide chapters. The initial framework for the
Florida Public Relations Association began in Tampa in 1938. On April 17, 1956 the first chapter, the Tampa Bay Chapter (then known as the Gasparilla Chapter), was chartered.
The Tampa Bay Chapter of FPRA continues to offer professional growth through leadership opportunities, seminars, accreditation and certification, networking, local and state annual PR competitions, and the annual FPRA State Conference.